We are excited to announce that students will soon be joining UCSB’s campus wide messaging & collaboration service, G Suite for Education. During the summer of 2018, the U-Mail service will transition from Microsoft Office 365 to G Suite for Education.
- Wave 1, July 16th: All graduate students will be included in this wave plus a portion of undergraduates.
- Wave 2, August 6th: Undergraduates will be included in this wave.
- Wave 3, August 20th: All students enrolled in summer sessions will be included in this wave.
- Improved campus-wide collaboration
- Unlimited storage (GMail, Drive)
- Single messaging and collaboration platform for all of UCSB
- Your Email Address Will Not Change! Students will retain their existing UMail address (UCSBnetID@umail.ucsb.edu). An additional email address (UCSBnetID@ucsb.edu) will be added to each account. Either address can be used to send/receive.
- Your Email Messages Will Follow You! All messages will be copied from your existing Office 365 account to your new Google account. No action is needed from you.
- Look For Email Updates: The project team will be sending you important information about your upcoming migration. These messages will be sent to your UMail account and also posted in GOLD.